Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Crossing the 1 month border

It's been more than a month since I started my healthier lifestyle journey and I've been pretty good.

I haven't touched a cigarette for a couple of months now. I have stuck with more vegetables and healthier food (like whole grain food and less of the processed food). Soda is either eliminated or it's diet cola but not very often. No more junk food and staying away from oily food. Chicken, tofu and seafood are my source of protein. Yoga and running is now part of my daily routine.

The result, I have lost weight from 113 lbs to 104 lbs. My waistline is now 26 from 28 inches. (Yes, I had to buy a new set of jeans! Oh, I was so glad to do so!). My tummy is flatter, my arms are leaner and I feel so much lighter. I also feel more energy through out the day because of my daily exercise. Oh... and the daily excretion is regular and healthier.

It didn't come without challenges though. I noticed that I've been getting rashes and allergies from eating a lot of chicken so I cut down on my chicken intake and have been increasing on eating tofu and sea food. It's not easy since I love meat but I'm getting by. Hopefully, I'll get over these allergies so I can eat more chicken.

I'm now trying to find different ways on how I can enjoy tofu. I'm trying different recipes that will give me the same chicken flavor in tofu.

Another thing is eat around 5 times a day. Small meals and healthy snacks. Fruits, yogurt, whole wheat bread with cheese or fish.

One of the things I enjoy eating are crackers with Spianch-Artichoke dip by Bravo. It tastes good and has vegetables as the main ingredients.

Ok... I'm getting hungry now... 'til the next update!

Product of the week:
Spinach-Artichoke Dip by Bravo - It's great with Luxury Vegetable Crackers or Skyflakes. It costs P180 per bottle in Rustan's. It's great for snacks or something to munch on while watching tv.


No comments: